Thursday, November 13, 2008

An Odd Phenomenon

The down stairs at 11:00am
I have spent the last few days engrossed in learning how to use my new photo editing program (thank you Katie and Danae for hours of instruction!!!) so the house hasn't received my full attention. As a result the laundry piled up, the dishes multiplied, and the leaves in the house were nearly as plentiful as the leaves out side, not to mention I dropped Caden off at school in pajamas two days running. So today when the house was at its pinnacle of messiness and my personal appearance was reminiscent of the grunge age of the 90's, I got four visitors. From 11:00am to 1:30pm the door bell never stopped ringing. After I washed dishes, vacuumed the floor, returned scattered toys to the toy room, hauled load after load of laundry up and down the stairs, showered, curled my hair, and applied a smidgen of make up...you guessed it, not one visitor. Danae noted this odd phenomenon. When your home embarrasses you all your friends, neighbors, visiting teachers, and kids selling over priced wrapping paper are mysteriously drawn to your home. When a magazine cover could be shot in your living room not a soul can be found. What's up with that?
The house from 1:30pm on.

1 comment:

The Shaw Family said...

Happy Birthday yesterday! All day I was thinking, "Why is this a day I need to remember?" Then, I read Danae's blog... Happy Birthday. You are beautiful and glowing in your 30's. Thanks for the friendship.
Stacy