Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Hello Little One


This is the test that told us you were coming to our family. We were so happy and nervous to see that plus sign. We have waited so long for you. I think of you throughout the day and silently vow that I will protect you, provide you a safe place to grow until I can hold you. We will do every thing we can to get you here healthy and strong.




This is what your big brother said to his Kindergarten teacher on his first day back to school after winter break: "My mom may not pick me up today. She might be sleeping. The baby in her tummy makes her sick". That's right. You are coming to a family that instills the fear of not being picked up from school. I promised him that no matter if I am feeling pukey or not I will always get him from school. I don't know if he believes me. *Sigh*




Can you blame him when this is what he sees from me one of the many days that I feel to cruddy to even get out of my bathrobe. I promise that I do trade the robe for an over sized jacket when I make appearances at school so that none are the wiser that I am still in jammies.



And this is what Ella does on those bathrobe days. She decides to paint her finger nails, fingers, hardwood floor, and the marble counter tops with black finger nail polish. To her credit, she did try to clean it up afterward. So now I have a lovely paste of black polish and toilet paper stuck to my floor. Any ideas on how to remove it with out stripping the varnish?

So here you are, nearly 12 weeks old. Sometimes I still can't believe that you are really in there. Then a wave of nausea hits and I am forcibly reminded that I am indeed pregnant. That part is getting better though and I get to see you again on ultra sound this week. My heart always skips a few beats as I wait to see your precious image come up on the screen. I hold my breath until there you are, perfect and whole. Be well little one until we can welcome you into our family.

3 comments:

Jackie and Kirk said...

Tyler said the same thing to Brittney...the bus showed up earlier one day and Britt saw him walking home so she picked him up, and Tyler told her "Oh she's probably just sleeping!" I promise I wasn't...the bus was really early!!
I'm so glad that things are going better for you this time around, except for the being sick! Let me know if there is anything I can do for you!

Shirley said...

Shama, yeah! Congratulations! I am so excited for you! If there is anything I can do, let me know!

Durben Family said...

Congratulations Shama & John! I'm so excited for you. Are you usually sick the whole way through... or just the first few months?