Thursday, February 19, 2009

Dinner SOS!

So I am ready to start making my family dinners again and I'm finding my culinary repitoire has dried up. I find myself making the same 5 or 6 dinners over and over again, or worse, staring at the fridge wondering how to magically make a well balanced meal appear. Does anyone know of a good meal planning book? I have one that has breakfast, lunch, and dinner, put together for every day of the year. It use the foods that are in season for each time of the year and there is a detailed grocery list for each week. I want something like that but just for dinners. Does anyone know of a book like that? Or if you have a dinner system in place that works for your family, please share! I need recipie ideas and ideas on how to plan ahead for meals and grocery shopping. Thank you!!!!

3 comments:

Whitney said...

i'd like to find something like that as well!!

Scott-RVtravler said...

I have a solution.Buy TV dinners.They have a lot of nutricious ones. Healthy Choice "Cafe Steamers" are excellent, only 270 calories.
A lot of dinners for the kiddies too.I know your schedule can be hectic, and this might help.
ALSO go to "Borders" and check out what's available.

Jackie and Kirk said...

Check this website out...my sister just emailed it to me, and I thought it was a perfect fit for you! http://www.simplifysupper.com/