Thursday, June 30, 2011

Alaska Adventure Day 4

We've settled into our routine. I get up and drive Jon to work at 7:20am, come home and sleep until 8:30am, then rush the kids down stairs for the hotel's continental breakfast before they close it down at 9am. I could feed them in the microscopic kitchen in our room but if I can start off the day not mopping up split milk or sweeping up crunched Cherrios, I'll take it. After breakfast we clean up the room, get dressed and set off for the library or park. At 11:30am we go have lunch with Jon then back here for naps by 1. While the girls sleep Caden does some school time then enjoys having some quiet time with his straws or a movie. I  love the two hours where the kids are occupied and I have sweet freedom to run errands or read a book. If I was home there would be a to do list a mile long that I would either ignore while paying the price of guilt, or plug away at it while longing for time with a book. My two hours a day of vacation. We pick Jon up at 5 and have dinner then set off for our evening activity. Today it was glow in the dark mini golf. This place was cool. 

It was a jungle themed room with all these animals and murals lit by black lights. The balls glowed, the clubs glowed, our teeth even glowed. They gave us glow in the dark braclets so it was an immediate hit with Ella.










Caden got a hole in one on the last hole. He was standing on the green and when the ball went in all these sirens and bells went off and he went FLYING out the door. No joke, the kid jumped a foot in the air, spun around, and was gone.  It was HILARIOUS!! If you know my son at all, you know that he does not like loud noises so the volume mixed with the surprise of it had him moving like he's never moved before. He was encouraged back in the room by the promise of a "hole in one" prize -the flashing green button on his shirt. Ella was bummed that she didn't get a prize so we celebrated "a game well played" for all with a stop at McDonald's for soft serve on the way home. The kids are already asking when we can go back but Caden always adds, "but I'm SO NOT going to get another hole in one next time".

No comments: