Thursday, March 11, 2010

4 going on 14....


An Ella moment:
I opened the freezer to get out some ice and while the door was open Ella noticed a bag of frozen peas, "Mom, can I have some of those?". To which I responded, "Sure love" (anything that keeps her from asking for soda or candy-she has a bit of a sweets addition, I could insert something here about apples and trees, but I will refrain). I answer the front door and when I come back she is snacking on a hand full of frozen peas with the freezer door standing wide open. She looks at the door then looks at me and says, "mom, you should really close that door". I look at her and say, "um, you were the last one to get something out of the freezer so you should close the door". She contemplated it for a second then said, "hmmm, mom I'm thinking that you were the one who opened it so I think that you should close it". All I could do was laugh at the thoughtful look on her little face. She had it all figured out. So I closed the door, in acknowledgment of her infalible logic (hey she isn't even 4 yet so you have to ignore the holes in her reasoning) and said, "you are such a smart girl". I have such a lawyer in the making!

1 comment:

Danae said...

haha! I love that sweet little lady! Tell her I said hello and I love and miss her!!!