Monday, March 15, 2010

Uno, dos, tres...

Ella and I have an agreement regarding clothing; she is allowed to pick her own outfits on preschool days and I get to pick her outfits every other day. You see Ella has very...um...eclectic taste in clothing. It is either lots of layers and textures, hats, accessories, and MANY patterns, or princess garb. Her only restriction is that she can't wear church dresses to school. This way she gets to express her self three days a week and I get to take her in public the other days of the week. I have to give her credit because her fashion sense has really improved over the last year.
This is her the fall of 2008. I love that she paired the plaid dress with the pink pants and threw on the knit hat side ways for a bit of whimsy.
This is the Spring of 2009. You are not going to loose this child in a crowd with that green screaming at you. Oh, and of course this was the perfect choice of shoes for a day when the wind was howling and mom told you we were going to the waterfront after school warning that if you left the rain boots at home your feet were going to get wet and cold. Her response, "yeah, but the rain boots are BLUE mom, and I'm not wearing any blue". My bad.
This is December 0f 2009. She is loving these head bands because they are stretchy and drive me nuts. Her hair is always sticking up every which way when she wears them because she takes them off and puts them on again over and over through out the day. But who cares what your hair looks like when you are wearing your favorite Cinderella dress, am I right?
This is Feb 2010 and this is the face of a child trying to convince her mom that she will be warm enough because, although the thermostat reads 42 degrees, the sun is out.
And this my friends is Ella this morning.

I told her that her shirt was too small and she said that it was perfect. I said, "perfect for what?" and she said, "perfect
to look like Dora".
Thanks a lot Dora. After all the progress we've made in the last year she now thinks that shirts that are obviously too small, paired with shapeless shorts and bright yellow socks passes for style. Please stick to teaching her Spanish and leave the fashion tips to me. Thanks.
PS-Dora, you are obviously drawn by a man because no women would put you in white shoes
year round.




2 comments:

Danae said...

Hey! I love the part for her pig tails!!! She always looks awesome!

Eileen said...

Well, if it's any consolation, Maya is convinced that Ella is the epitome of all that is stylish. If Ella wears it, it must be fabulous.