Friday, July 9, 2010

Danali takes on the world...

We went to Island Lake a couple of weeks ago.

Danali loved the trees, looking at the ducks, and watching her brother and sister charge into the lake...from her stroller. She seemed so enthusiastic about it that I thought maybe it was time to introduce her to sand. 
It all started nicely enough. I put a towel down and she was all smiles. Curiously she reached out and touched the new substance beneath her...


....and she didn't like it...not one little bit.


"were you aware, dear mother, that this is NOT the soft springy green stuff that I am accustomed to crawling on when out of doors?"

When it became apparent that mom was going to be of no help at all she took a moment to contemplate her options....

....and being a women of action she decided to conquer the new terrain.




So she ventured out and found the the new substance did indeed have an end...
So she reached out and touched the new boarder and found it to be...

quite disdainful really...cold...not at all like the warm toy strewn porcelain haven that she associates with bodies of water larger than herself...



"Perhaps if I just stand up I will see around this most inconvenient obstacle??? Drat, damp course stuff as far as the 10 month old eye can see!"


If all else fails, eat it...that is fundamental baby logic. If you don't want it touching your hands or your feet you simply put it in your mouth.
 
"mmm...kind of a grainy texture, but all in all, not so bad. "


"I've crawled on you, stood on you, and eaten you...





that's right sand, I own you."







4 comments:

Julie Weiss said...

LOL! Now you just need to take her on a Caribbean cruise and perhaps spend some time in the sand in Jamaica (like I did a couple of months ago)--I bet she would feel differently about sand then. lol

Zach said...

That's awesome Shama, it made me laugh out loud!

Katie said...

oh my gosh Shama this made me laugh so hard! I can't believe she's standing!!! I can't wait to get back there!

Katie said...

oh my gosh Shama this made me laugh so hard! I can't believe she's standing!!! I can't wait to get back there!