Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Vegas Baby!

With baby #3 on the way Jon and I thought that it would be wise to get away for some couple time. We have been married almost 11 years now and no matter our circumstance we have always managed to take a trip each year just the two of us. I fear that with three children, those days are numbered. So off to Vegas to went. The plane ride is only 2 1/2 hours long, the pool is just an elevator ride down, and room service only a button away so it seemed like an appropriate get away for a women who is 8 months pregnant.

We went to see Phantom at the Venetian while we were there. It was very well done. The costumes and set were amazing.

You can see how very pregnant I am becoming. I think my favorite thing about being on vacation is taking a nap when ever I felt like it. We would come in from the 90 degree heat every afternoon to a room comfortably air conditioned to 66 degrees, climb under the down comforter and know that the phone wasn't going to ring, nor would a child come in to demand food or tattle on a sibling. We would snuggle down and I would sleep for an hour or so and Jon would watch Soccer or read a book. It was bliss.

We stayed at Caesars Palace which was beautiful but so far from everything! I guess it was good that we had to walk a half a mile to anything because we sampled different buffets every day, and let me say, Vegas buffets do not disappoint. Even with all that walking we both gained a few pounds in the week we were gone.

This is a picture of the Forum Shops in Caesars Place. I always marvel at how elaborate and ornate everything is in Vegas.



1 comment:

Dave Lilly said...

Vegas is one of those places .... like texas where everything is go big or go home! It is a fun trip I love the BUFFETS. I even like the crappy ones. And the shows are ok too. Glad you had a good trip , but even more glad you are back!
-Dave