Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Who Knew?

So we are switching internet providers and the new company said it will be 3-6 days until service is restored. I have waited three days and got a call this morning that they don't have our address on their data base and they would have to come out to register us before they could issue an order for the install. So, it will be another 3-6 days after they register us!!!! I had no idea how dependent I was on the internet. Yesterday I needed a phone number and had to comb the house for over 20 mins trying to find an old phone book. I sit down repeatedly to check my bank account balance, check my e-mail, order business cards, check my blog my web site, and two seconds after I sit down my heart sinks and I feel a little bit alone and isolated in the world. When did my life go so digital that a phone book is antiquated? So here I sit, in Danae's office, getting my digital fix. I am counting down the days until I am connected again...I could spend the time writing cards, calling, reaching out in a personal way, but in the end I know I will just wait out the 3-6 days and drop a quick e-mail. Talk to you in 3-6 days.

No comments: