Sunday, June 7, 2009

I have give birth!!!

It was a labor of love several months in the making. It was challenging and often just plain frustrating but I am now the proud mama of my very own photography web site. It is still a work in progress but here it is: 

www.momentsphotos.net

I had no idea how difficult it is to put together a web site. There is the creative side of it, which you would think would be the easier task, but with choosing from 1000's of fonts for your logo, an endless options of backdrops for your web page, brushes, stamps, fading in and out options, gallery set up, then picking the photos that you think best represent your style, well it wasn't the easier portion by a mile. I would settle on one color palette, backdrop, and font type that felt like me and start building the site, then get two weeks into it and decide that it just didn't feel right and start all over again. It is like trying on outfit after outfit and wondering if what you've chosen will get you booted to the "worst dressed list". Your web site is the first introduction of your work and personal style that you make to THE WORLD and I was beginning to wonder if I had a personal style. 
When I finally did pick a style that I felt comfortable representing me, there was the technical side of putting it all together. I am not a techie. I have a husband who is and would lend support when my lap top was in danger of being flung out the window (it is a brand new pretty little machine called the Mac Book Pro but I have never worked on a mac and there was definitely a learning curve to add to my stress) but I was determined to learn how to create and manage the web site for myself. There were tears, tantrums, and almost some curse words, but in the end I awarded myself an honorary "junior techie" award.  
So take a look the fruits of my labor. 

5 comments:

Eileen said...

Your website looks fantastic! I love the Fyffe pictures. How could you go seriously wrong though with such gorgeous models? But the most impressive feat is that you made the Beck family look good. Now that takes talent!

Jackie and Kirk said...

That so wasn't funny! I really thought that you had your baby, and I was a tiny bit jealous!! Your website looks amazing, and I love all your photos....good luck with everything, and keep that baby in there a while longer!!

Danae said...

I love it! It turned out so great. Good Job! I am with Jackie I also thought you had the baby and was wondering where my phone call was!

Shirley said...

Your website looks great! The pics of Teisha and Christan were amazing, I am sure Geeta cried when she saw them!

Dave Lilly said...

Congratulations! On both the website and the Mac Book Pro. Those Mac book Pros are sweet. I can't believe Jon let you get that? (just kidding I know you're the boss, trust me, a whipped man can always tell). I am a bit jealous about the laptop and website, but I will still be you friend.... forever.
-Dave