Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Dinner Wars...

A long time ago (last week), in a galaxy far far away (while mom was away in Utah)....a little boy thought that this was the end all, be all, chicken, of chickens.
So tonight, when mom said that we were having chicken for dinner and put this on the table:
that little boy said, "THAT is NOT my favorite chicken, I like Daddy's chicken best". In bewilderment mom searched her brian for a time that daddy ever made chicken or anything that resembled chicken because mom knows that dad's culinary skills don't extend past anything that doesn't come in a box. Seeing mom's confusion the son clarified, "you know that chicken that comes in a bucket".
What planet do I live on when my kids measure up my homemade, specially seasoned, free range organic chicken, cooked to juicy perfection with love and care, against mass produced, breaded, deep fat fried chicken that has probably been in a freezer for as long as the kids have been alive, and find MY chicken lacking??? Like I said, it had to have happened in a galaxy far far away, because if it happens again in my kitchen the only thing that will be on the menu the next night is this:

4 comments:

jajb.lilly said...

So funny, I made a special dinner on Sunday for Valentine's and all Jake wanted was a hot dog..... Sometimes you just can't win!

Katie said...

hahahahah THAT was funny Shama! :) The dog food was the kicker :)

The Shaw Family said...

Okay, so from the beginning I knew what I was going to write...
He better watch out or he may get dog food! Looks like you've already thought of that one. Seriously, did you threaten him THIS time with dog food or are you waiting for a REALLY big tantrum?

Chelsea said...

Sounds pretty normal to me. I remember being a kid! Kind of sucks huh? They will appreciate you one day though!