Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year's Resolution #1

Since this summer I have waited for January to work on one important project...getting our family photos into photo albums. I have THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of photos all logged away in my computer but they are not being enjoyed by anyone until I print them and put them in albums. My friend is so diligent about getting her photos in albums right away and she and her kids love pour through the books reminiscing about events and fun little random moments of their lives they've captured. I want that for my family.  I have to say, it is overwhelming to begin. Do I start current and work my way back? Or do I start with the 6 shoe box sized containers I have upstairs with countless photos printed and organized in them from 1998-2006 (the last time I vowed to get my photos in albums)? And as I'm looking through the files in the computer there are far too many to print so which ones make the cut? 
I think what I'm going to do is start a 2011 album and print photos twice a month and get them in the current album. At the same time I will start albuming the plethora of photos waiting for me up stairs. That way I don't feel like I'm falling further and further behind as the year goes on. 
So off I go, to make a dent in a project that has been looming for YEARS. I have been trolling Good Will for black leather photo albums (I have a vision of all the albums matching and looking so regal on my book shelf) and have gathered 3 so far. If you happen to see any black albums on sale or second hand please let me know. Also pass it along if you find a good deal on printing (note: I have printed at Walmart and Target and I wouldn't recommend using them. The color and print quality isn't very good). 

1 comment:

~T~ said...

Yikes. That's a resolution I need to make, too, but I'm afraid! Good luck!