Monday, September 7, 2009

My New Business Site is DONE!!!

I have been pouring my heart and soul into redesigning my business website. It is a labor of love because I really wanted it to represent who I am as a photographer. After hours and hours of wading through color schemes, fonts, layouts, and designing and redesigning my new logo trying to figure out what felt like "me", I called in my sweet husband. I did this for two reasons, 1-there are times that he knows me better than I know myself, and 2- all things technology based come easier to him. So with my love by my side and Jon sitting next to us (by "us" I mean me and my Mac) we toiled away all weekend long and are both proud to launch: www.shamaleaphotography.com
I decided to do a redesign along with changing the name of my business from "Moments Photography" to "Shamalea Photography" a few weeks ago but have stalled because of the work involved in making a change over like that. I loved Moments photography because to me being a photographer is all about capturing those little moments that are authentic and convey a sense who a person is, but there are so many other photographers using that same name or a variation of it that I felt lost in the crowd. It occurred to me that my parents gave me a beautiful unique Irish name and that nothing could represent me better than that. I also figured that after having my name mispronounced, misspelled, and misunderstood my whole life, it was time to let it be celebrated a little, poor abused name :). I am still working on the blog, but I was just so pleased with the way the website came out that I couldn't keep it under wraps any longer. And Jon is so bursting with pride at our creative venture together that I was barley able to keep his finger from inching towards the "publish" button before the finishing touches were complete.  So check it out and let me know what you think. shamaleaphotography.com
PS-if you know any seniors who are interested in getting senior portraits, I still have a few senior rep slots available. A senior rep receives a free senior shoot and lots of incentives for referring their friends to shamaleaphotography. I am looking for energetic, fun, charismatic seniors who would benefit from being a senior rep. I only do a handful of these shoots a year so if you know someone who fits the bill have them e-mail me as soon as possible: sl@shamaleaphotography.com

3 comments:

Julie Weiss said...

I absolutely LOVE your new website! You are so talented, Shama. :)

The Shaw Family said...

It turned out so great! If really does reflect well on who you are. Well done, Jon and Shama.
Thanks for making the photo shoot so much fun last night. It made me miss the girls' nights, floor hockey, ballet, presidency meetings... Why does life have to change so much?!!! I guess we just take it in stride.
The new site really is amazing. I'm impressed!

Unknown said...

You have a beautiful site! I love the way you took the photos, particularly the senior category; they all look like a celebrity. It has an elegant quality that makes it remarkable. It is really good that websites are invented; it’s really a nice way for people to showcase their talents and good for marketing businesses. And with your talent, there’s no doubt that you’ll be successful in your field.

Frida Stanton