Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Welcome Danali Jean Bartlett!!
6lbs 12oz
19" Long
Born at 5:08am

Our little girl is here. She is a doll. I can't get enough of her. I love to just sit on the couch and lay her against my shoulder and nuzzle her little head and neck. She has been the easiest of my babies, so far anyway. She hardly cries, she sleeps for 3 1/2 hours at one stretch and 4 hours at another at night, and just seems so content to be in our home. The kids adore her and the dog follows her around like her little sentinel. We are so blessed.

She was sure anxious to get into this world. My water broke about 2 am on Tuesday morning, 7 hours before my scheduled induction. About 2:15 the real contractions began. I left for the hospital around 4 thinking that I was probably in for a long couple of hours of labor since Caden was born 23 hours after they broke my water and Ella 11....I was wrong. I was dialated to a 6 when they checked me, even before the IV was placed and medical bracket on, 15 minutes later they checked me again and I was at an 8, and 15 minutes later she was born. My support team (comprised of my mom and dear friend Monica) made it just 20 minutes before she was born. I'm so glad that I had them there standing along the side of me and my sweet husband. Jon was great as he coached, calmed, and encouraged me. There were a few moments of panic when I felt overwhelmed with the pain and the speed at which everything was happening but Jon just stayed focused and talked me through it. In the end, the nurse and a CNA delivered the baby 20 minutes before the doctor arrived. Danali was beautiful and healthy so they laid her against me and left the room. It was such a special feeling in the room. We just marveled at her and loved on her for an hour and a half. She nursed right away and immediately seemed to sense how wanted and cherished she was.


So life is settling down here for us. I was sick the first couple of days after delivery, not able to eat or drink much (we think it was due to all the hormonal changes) but yesterday it kind of leveled off and I started feeling stronger again. I am looking forward to starting this week. Jon has the next two weeks off so we are going to get some things done around the house plus do some fun family outings. Feel free to come snuggle on our little one if you want. I'm not one of those that stays in isolation for two weeks after a baby is born, in fact I am going a little stir crazy. Overall, life is happy, we feel overwhelmingly blessed with our beautiful baby girl and the joy and sense of completion she has brought to our family. We are so excited by the next chapter of our lives, raising these three children, and just enjoying life as a family of five.

6 comments:

Beatrice said...

Congrats Shama! I'm so happy for you and your beautiful family. Danali is so cute! I can't wait to see her!

Jackie and Kirk said...

Congrats Shama and Jon! I can't wait to come over and see her! I can't believe your labor was so quick! She is beautiful!

Jamie said...

Congratulations Shama and Jon. Ella and Caden look so happy and in love with their new little sister.

The Shaw Family said...

Look at that HAIR!!! And those eyes!!! She is so beautiful. I'm glad that everything is going well and I can't wait to make it to Silverdale and see your new addition!

Eileen said...

What a lovely girl! I can't believe how alert she looks! She has wise eyes.

Glad it all went so well!

Michael and Denise said...

Congratulations! Danali is beautiful. I'm glad that she is sleeping 3-4 hours at a time. The pictures of you and Danali with Caden and Ella are precious.