Saturday, August 1, 2009

T-4 Days!!

I went into my doctor's office yesterday with a prepared list of reasons why I think it is time to induce labor. It was a beautifully prepared list, typed and everything, with my top 3 arguments for induction along with ideas of how we could start my labor, just in case he was fresh out of ideas of his own. I was ready thanks to two nights pouring over the internet on how to induce labor. 
In the end though, the list wasn't necessary as my blood pressure was really high and the doctor was concerned about the baby's heart rate. Personally, I thought he should have read through the list just to be polite and perhaps humor me a bit, but he didn't seem so inclined when I mentioned it, in fact I'm pretty sure he thought I was joking about said list, so I casually tucked it under my hospital gown until I could slip it back in my purse unobserved.  
He tried scheduling me for an induction on Monday, but apparently a lot of other ladies have lists as well, because Monday and Tuesday were booked for scheduled inductions. The earliest he could get me on the schedule was 7am Wednesday morning, with a note to the hospital that if one of the scheduled inductions delivers ahead of time they are to call me and get me induced. I did an NST on Friday and the baby's heart rate varied just as it should (I think when the doctor was listening she was being difficult just to show support for the whole 'exiting mom's body sooner rather than later plan', what a doll) and I have to do another NST on Sunday. 
So, I am counting down the days. Suddenly there seems to be so much to do. Grocery shopping to be done, bedding to be washed, new born clothes that need tags removed and washed, floors that need to be vacuumed, pumping gear to be tested and readied, the list is never ending really. Is the baby going to care if any of this is done, probably not, but I can't seem to sit still even though I am exhausted. The doctor encouraged me to go into labor any time so I have upped my activity level trying to push things along but all that has happened is that I contract on and off all day which just wears me out. The MD assures me that every contraction is serving a purpose, but I think he is just pacifying me. As of Friday I was 2 cm dilated and 50% effaced, that hardly seems worth the effort of contracting for the last two months! 
So my friends, my next post will be laden with photos of our baby. I can't wait to meet this little person, to hold her in my arms and kiss her little baby face. I can't wait to see my husband cry and fuss over her minutes after her birth. I can't wait to introduce her to her older brother and sister and watch as my family becomes complete and whole.  

3 comments:

Jackie and Kirk said...

You have to have the baby before Wednesday...I leave for 2 weeks that day! Good luck with everything, and I can't wait to meet your new baby girl!

Lilly said...

We can't wait to meet her either! Good luck! You'll be in our prayers!!!

Chelsea said...

Wow! Congratulations! Can't wait to see your little one! Good luck with everything!